Why I'm Not Writing About Thomas Cole and Visiting His Studio (Yet)



I've been meaning to write a new post about my visit two weeks back to what is in many ways "the birthplace of American landscape painting," Thomas Cole's home and studio in the Catskill Mountains of New York. Here I am above sitting on Cole's front porch drawing the view of the Catskills that appear in Cole's painting below. 


I'm just finishing up the last few paintings for the upcoming Aug. 13 - Sept. 2 show Inside Edward Hopper's World: Paintings by Philip Koch at Isalos Fine Art in Stonington, Maine. In a few days I promise to turn this post into a full-fledged blog about Cole and his role in American painting, and his very real influence on me.
Please check back early next week.

Popular posts from this blog

Edward Hopper- Looking Out

Maier Museum of Art Acquires Work by Philip Koch

Edward Hopper's Poetry of Empty Rooms